Tuesday, November 8, 2011

History of Weidner Apartment Homes - Part 2

Class Action Lawsuit Filed Against Weidner Properties

Tenants claim the private landlord takes out too much from security deposits for cleaning, painting and repairs. One tenant says he was charged $45/hour for cleaning and another $45/hour for maintenance services.



Jeremiah said on Friday, Aug 19 at 12:14 PM
I have rented from Weider for 7 years at first they were a great company to rent from. Caring And helpful but professional. Now they are greedy men and women who work more for their bonuses and money than their renters. they half fix things to save money. and are told to find things wrong so you dont get your whole deposit back in the end now so they can get their bonuses.

72619844
Inappropriate? Alert Us!
texas said on Wednesday, May 18 at 9:34 PM
the apartments in texas are the same as in alaska, weidner needs to be disolved its the slumlords of rentals i wish a nation wide lawsuit will develop and take this company down
67309967
Inappropriate? Alert Us!
LMAO said on Monday, Apr 11 at 10:21 PM
I moved into a Weidner apartment a couple of years ago before my wife and I bought our house. I got my whole deposit back, and the lady in charge of where I lived was great. So not every experience is bad. Get a grip people. I am sure over the years more than a hand full has lived in a Weidner apartment. Yet just a few have said something. Hmmmmm.
64703942
Inappropriate? Alert Us!
aksmilez said on Monday, Apr 11 at 2:12 PM
I used to work for Weidner and I used to get written up and yelled at for not collecting a certain amount of money from resident's deposits. It was in our budgets as revenue so we had to collect all that money to make our budget. They are the worst apartment management company in town.
64683294
Inappropriate? Alert Us!
WearyofWeidner said on Sunday, Apr 10 at 2:35 PM
Rented a condo under the "Rental Partnership Program" the first time we were stationed here in 2000. The bathroom flooded everytime the upstairs unit did their laundry. I was 8 mnths pregnant and all Weidner would do was say "Mop up the bathroom and ask the upstairs unit not to do their laundry." Shawna (SP?) was the one we dealt with at the time. She couldn't even call & tell us the unit was ready after several delays when we first rented. Moved out as soon as soon as base housing was available.
64612577
Inappropriate? Alert Us!
Guest said on Saturday, Apr 9 at 8:04 PM
Corrupt people?....In Alaska?...Naaaaaw. Ill bet the class action is successful, but the plaintiffs will only win $1.00
64575044
Inappropriate? Alert Us!
just sayin said on Saturday, Apr 9 at 12:57 PM
jew slumlords. screwing americans as usual.
64557874
Inappropriate? Alert Us!
Anonymous said on Friday, Apr 8 at 12:38 PM
weidner did the same thing to me. i waqs there for three years, and it was dirty when i mived in and soon the toliet didnt work there was water damage from the apt up stairs when i finally moved out the charged me 1050 45 for cleaning 200 because we threw our furniture away it was badf .. i need to know how to get in on this class action lawsiut plaes tell me if anyone knows .... my name is brian and my email address is capt_morgen3@yahoo.com
64495992
Inappropriate? Alert Us!
A. Rami said on Thursday, Apr 7 at 7:39 PM
Weidner properties is one of the worst apartment leasing/renting operations I have encountered. Their apartments are unclean when they lease them out (I found massive stained nail clippings in the carpet), there was no heat for 4 days in a row in the middle of a very cold winter, the bathroom fixtures did not work,the laundromat was filty.....I could go on. I kept documentation and asked them to fix the place or release me form the lease. They refused at first but later moved me to another apartment unit. Things did not improve very much and I moved out. Very very bad experience!
64429099
Inappropriate? Alert Us!

5 comments:

  1. so how much does it cost to sue weidner?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please contact me to talk about being part of lawsuit against Weidner. girlybet81@yahoo.com
    I am upset that I cleaned my apartment but the landlord still charged me 7 hours of cleaning includes wiping the blinds and scrubbing the ceiling: two days of priming and painting: 90 dollars of carpet cleaning. I have pictures before I.moved in and when I moved out. The papers where I signed when I moved in stated "Ok" to all the conditions of the place. They are pathetic management. I k know I have something crucial to slap them with. THANK YOU

    ReplyDelete
  3. They don't clean the apartments between tenants. I can attest to that. When I asked upon moving into conifer grove in Alaska., are you not going to paint over the filth on the walls, its not a law, we don't' have to. the carpet was not shampooed, they tried to say it was, yet the sun was shining, I kicked the carpet and up flew all kinds of crap. Weidner will pay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Y'all are killing me, you think they would be the 14th biggest private housing company in the US if half of this were true? They'd be bankrupt. I've been working working Weidner as maintenance for 8 months now in 3 different properties rated from C to A. There is an element of getting what you pay for, some definitely are not as nice as others. People are also gross and liars, I have been in too many homes during occupancy to do maintenance and after for make ready and on average there are more nasty people than not. I bust my ass more than I believe I should due to their speed and quality standards being so demanding and when it isn't a company maintenance guy doing it, it will be a 3rd party vendor. I wont argue that they probably charge too much, I was also a tenant and had pets, the amount is insane but some of these claims are BS completely or they're not telling the entire truth. I have been denied entry into many apartments (for maintenance) because they were hiding pets and then when they get charged all that money for having to replace their nasty carpet on move out they complain. I signed their lease too, I actually read it as well unlike many, its all in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, you sound like a typical weidner employee. Weidner properties has been shady since day one. Google weidner apartment lawsuits, it might open your eyes. They are corrupt and only admit when proof is presented.

      Delete